In the past, I’ve started two blogs. One, I kept at for months, trying to work it into something. I tried to give it a theme, tried to make my life sound interesting. In short, I tried to make the blog like all the other blogs out there. I tried to become a “blogger.” The second time was only a few months ago, and I had the theme, I had the time, and yet, it was still not me. I was trying to be interesting, to post what others might like, all the while feeling a grudging obligation to keep writing, like anything was going to change, like the blog would become something I loved. But, it didn’t. So, feeling guilty and letdown, I just stopped writing. So, here I am again. I have no theme. I don’t have any plan on becoming a “blogger,” and I don’t know if this will be interesting to anyone but me, but, here I am. I can’t promise anything. Maybe I will keep writing, maybe I won’t.
The name of my blog can be described rather simply. I like to drink wine, and I like to eat ice cream. At the same time. Much to the horror of my husband, mother, mother-in-law, and I’m sure, most of the world. Ice cream just tastes better after (or during) a big glass of wine. Sometimes the wine is fancy (rarely), sometimes the ice cream is crappy (pretty much never), but I always prefer to have both at the same time. So, other than that, I don’t know what to say about myself.
In my first post, I talked about exclaiming that coffee is the “best thing in the world.” Well, to some, this may seem a little strange, given the fact that there are things in this world that are better than coffee, like, I don’t know, World Peace (caps, to show the importance). It is not unusual for me to exclaim “(insert totally mundane thing here) is the best thing in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!” When, duh, peeps, it is like, totally not, but I must do this, so you know that I think this thing is like, so completely awesome. I also have a tendency to gasp, “oh my gosh, the worst thing in the world…” when, der, friends, it is so not! The latter is a little more damaging, since I know it seems to cause alarm to many people, given the fact that I usually make it sound like the world is ending, someone has died, or
republicans have taken over the country something. So, as a way to get to “know me” (how dumb), in no order whatsoever, here are some things that I think are THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD:
- Dr. Bronner’s Soap
- Nike Tempo running shorts
- My daughter; Rosemary Prudence (don’t even start on the name- I’ll cut you)
- My husband’s laugh
- Ice cream (duh…)
- Wine (also, duh, when combined with above…)
- Fresh laundry that has been dried outside
- Mexican food- beans, rice, and tortillas… I even have a bean and rice dance…
- My doggie Maggie
- Staying home, all day, everyday, with my daughter
And, to balance things out, here are some of the things that I have declared to be THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD!!!!!
- The store running out of freshly made tortillas on bean and rice night (seriously, once a week, we have bean and rice night- exciting life I live!)
- Not having ANY dessert in the house
- When I get interrupted while reading (ahem, husband, I’m looking at you…)
- When you’re doing laundry in the laundry room at an apartment, and all the washers or dryers are taken… and are DONE!!!!
- When Rose outgrows a really, really, really cute outfit
- When Rose has a huge explosive poop when we’re out in public (we use cloth diapers, so yeah…)
So, yeah… That’s all I have to say about that. If you want, you can join in the fun, and let me know what you think the best or worst things in the world are. Or not, I guess not everybody is crazy melodramatic like me…